1. This policy was last updated on Thursday, 30 April 2020.
2. ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED is committed to respecting your privacy and complying with applicable laws and regulations to ensure that the personal information you give us is kept appropriately secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
3. ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED is a company incorporated and registered in England and with company number 12474108 (referred to in this Policy as "we, "us" and "our").
5.1. To analyse, profile and monitor customer patterns and better understand the interests and preferences of our key customer audiences so we can consistently improve our products and services.
5.2. To offer an enhanced customer experience and service, including by ensuring we personalise the Website and Platforms and (if applicable) ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED updates relating to products, services and events to make them more relevant to our customers’ specific preferences.
5.3. To ensure the proper functioning and security of our services, Website and Platforms, for example by preventing fraudulent transactions.
5.4. To analyse the footfall in ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED stores and at ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED promotions or events for internal reporting purposes and to ensure adequate and appropriate product and resources.
5.5. To ensure we continue to comply with applicable laws, for example in maintaining the accuracy of our records.
What Personal Information We Collect And How We Use It
We may collect the following information:
1. CONTACT INFORMATION AND OTHER IDENTIFYING INFORMATION: your name, postal address, phone numbers and e-mail addresses. You acknowledge that we may also obtain information about you as a result of authentication or identity checks (for example in connection with our standard fraud checks when you make a purchase on our Website or other Plarforms). We use this information to identify you as a customer, to process your order, to deliver products and services, to process payments, to update our records and to generally manage your account with us under our terms with you. Providing us with certain personal information is voluntary but we may not be able to process your order and send you the required order acknowledgement and shipping confirmation e-mails if you do not provide us with certain requested information.
1.1. We may also use your contact information to send you marketing communications and to contact you in relation to service-related matters, including, on occasion, to request and respond to feedback on your experience with ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED, including in-store, on our Website and/or Platforms, and to assist you in relation to prospective purchases on our Website and/or Platforms, where permitted to do so in accordance with applicable laws or if we have your consent to do so (if required by applicable laws).
2. PAYMENT INFORMATION: information related to your credit card, debit card, and/or other payment information to process payments in connection with your orders.
3. DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION: we may ask you for your gender, birthday and age (and where you have an in-store customer account we may infer your age bracket based on your engagement with our stores). You may also provide us with information about yourself, your product size preferences and lifestyle interests on our Website or Platform or when using interactive content in ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED store or events. We use your customer account and profile information for our internal demographic insights into our customers, to offer you an enhanced service according to your preferences, including by identifying relevant products, services and events which may be of interest to you, and personalising your experience with ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED.
4. OTHER ACCOUNT AND TRANSACTIONAL INFORMATION: if you have a customer account (whether created online or not), we may also collect information about the products you browse online or purchase, where you purchased the products from and other information related to your purchases or which is otherwise relevant to your customer relationship with ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED. We use this information, for our internal demographic insights into our customers, to offer you an enhanced service according to your preferences, including by identifying relevant products, services and events which may be of interest to you, personalising your experience with ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED and to share with you information about your past purchases.
4.1. Together with non-personal information, we may also use this information for our internal marketing analysis and demographic studies, to analyse, profile and monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our products and. This means that we can offer more personalised and integrated shopping and interactive experiences to our customers across our physical and online stores, Website and Platforms.
5. INTERNET AND OTHER ELECTRONIC ACTIVITY: Where permitted under applicable laws or with your consent (if so required by applicable laws), we may use information about how you use our Website, Platforms and any in-store services to personalise our communications to you, tailor the content appearing on our Website and Platforms and to personalise our in-store service to you, so as to make the Website, our Platforms and our services and communications more relevant to you and to enable your use of any interactive features of our services. We also use this information to maintain and improve the Website, our Platforms, and our services.
5.1. We collect information about the device you are using to connect to the services on our Website, Platforms or any interactive content we may provide. This includes the type of device you use, your internet browser, your location based on the unique identifier for your device such as an Internet Protocol address or a code for an Application running on your device. When you attend an ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED store or event, we may also use technologies that connect to the functionality on your mobile device (such as Bluetooth and GPS) and collect information based on Wi-Fi, mobile phone masts, beacons and other in-store technology. See further information regarding Wi-Fi usage below.
5.2. We use this information to ensure the proper functioning and security of our Website and Platform, to optimise our services to you and to better understand how our content and services are used and their effectiveness. The information collected in-store through your mobile device using these technologies also gives us aggregated and anonymous statistics about footfall traffic in our stores and information about the average gender, size, height, ethnicity and country/region of origin of our visitors but it is not used for, or available to, ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED at an individual visitor level.
6. LOCATION INFORMATION: Where you request location services provided by us, for example in order to find the nearest store to you or to provide more precise location based content, we will either: (i) do a look up against address information given by you, such as using your postcode to find our nearest store; (ii) look at the country/region in which you are in according to the unique identifier (e.g. an IP address) for your device; or (iii) if you enable location services on your mobile device, we may establish your real time location relating to the latitude and longitude of your mobile device, through GPS signals, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection information including MAC addresses perceived by your device, where this is available. In the case of mobile device location services, you can change your location preferences at any time by managing your device settings.
7. WI-FI USAGE INFORMATION: If you register for our free Wi-Fi service at our stores or events, we will collect certain information about your device, including MAC or IP address, connection date and time and the location(s) at which you connected to our Wi-Fi Service, for the purpose of providing the Wi-Fi service under our terms with you. When you connect to our Wi-Fi service you will be directed to our Website and we may collect and process information using “cookies” and other similar technologies. For more details please see our Cookies Policy.
8. Inferences: We may create inferences drawn from the categories of personal information described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behaviour and attitudes. We use this information to personalise and improve our services and to better understand the interests and preferences of our key customer audiences.
How Personal Information May Be Collected
1. SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU. We collect personal information from you directly. We may also collect personal information from you indirectly, including through your use of our Website and/or Platforms and/or where we draw inferences about you (both as described above).
2. FROM THIRD PARTIES. We may supplement information we collect about you with marketing and demographic information which we receive from affiliated third-party companies, in addition to other information which is available in the public domain or which we are otherwise lawfully permitted to be provided with, in order to ensure the accuracy of our records, better understand the interests and preferences of our key customer audiences and improve our service to our customers. If you don’t want us to use your personal information in this way then you can contact us at any time to ask us to stop (see “Contacting ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED" below).
3. Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall. All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
4. Information From or about your friends:
4.1. We sometimes run promotions (for example on social media platforms) where you can tell us about a friend or someone else who you have a personal relationship with and two-way communications based on your shared interests, experiences, opinions and any other relevant factors (a “Friend”) who may be interested in our products, services, Website or Platforms. We may therefore also receive information about you from your friends and acquaintances who chose to provide it.
4.2. You may only provide us with information about your Friend with their permission. If your Friend gives you their permission to provide us with their details, then we will only use their information for that reason and not to send them any other unrelated offers. We may also mention that it was you who shared their details with us in the message we send to them.
5.1. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your device when you visit a website or some platforms and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website or platforms. When you enter our Website or Platforms our web server sends a cookie to your device which allows us to recognise your device. By associating the identification numbers in the cookies with other customer information that you provide when for example you log-in to the Website, then we know that the cookie information relates to you.
5.3. Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, however, certain features of our Website may not work if you delete or disable cookies. Some of our Service Partners (discussed below) may use their own cookies, anonymous identifiers, or other tracking technology in connection with the services they perform on our behalf.
5.4. We use Google Analytics on our Website to collect usage data, to analyse how users use the Website, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit
5.6. Please see the COOKIES POLICY for more information about cookies and other technologies which are used on our Website and Platforms, including information on how you can manage your cookie choices and preferences.
6. ADVERTISING AND ONLINE TRACKING:
6.1. We may allow third-party companies to serve ads and collect certain anonymous information when you visit our Website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g. click stream information, web browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to the Website and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie to collect this information. Our systems do not recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals, but several of our Service Partners who utilize these cookies on our Website enable you to opt out of targeted advertising practices. To learn more about these advertising practices or to opt out of this type of advertising, you can visit or We also provide you with additional tools to opt out of marketing from us (see "Unsubscribe from ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED Updates" below).
6.2. We may also engage Service Providers who are social media or internet search platforms so that ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED advertisements appear on those platforms (see ‘ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED Updates’).
7. COMMUNICATIONS WITH ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED:
7.1. Please note that your calls with ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED are recorded in order to enable us to better serve our customers, for quality assurance purposes and to ensure an accurate record relevant to any transaction under our terms. Recordings of calls are retained for 90 days.
7.2. If you contact ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED by live chat from our Website or Platforms, by email or phone, ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED will collect your personal information and use this information to identify you as a customer, help with your query, process your order, deliver products and services, process payments, update our records and to generally manage your account with us under our terms with you.
Receiving And Unsubscribing from ESSENTIAL ITEMS Updates
1. ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED UPDATES:
1.1. We can only send you ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED updates about our products, services and events with your consent. If you have provided your consent, you can withdraw it at any time (see "Unsubscribe from ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED updates" below).
1.2. If you have consented, we will send you ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED updates through the preferred communication method you selected (e.g. by e-mail, post, phone or messaging services).
1.3. We may also obtain personal information where you “like” us, create posts, mention us in public posts or otherwise interact with our pages on social media platforms and may in response, use this information to communicate with you or provide relevant content via those social media platforms about our products, events and promotions where permitted to do so in accordance with applicable laws. Please refer to the privacy policies of the social media platforms for information about how they collect and use your personal information.
2. UNSUBSCRIBE FROM ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED UPDATES:
2.1. If you have registered to receive ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED updates relating to our products, services and events, and you no longer wish to receive these, you can request that we amend your preferences. You can do that either as indicated in the particular communication, e.g.by using the unsubscribe link which is included on all email updates, or by amending your preferences online (see ‘Your rights in relation to your personal information’ below). ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED will stop sending updates in respect of which you withdraw your consent within a reasonable period and in any event within 28 days of receiving your request, in order to allow sufficient time for the change to be administered.
2.2. If you opt out of receiving ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED updates relating to our products, services and events, we may still send you non-marketing communications such as emails about your account or purchases you have made from the Website or Platforms.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
1.1. SERVICE PROVIDERS: We may share information about you with companies we have chosen to handle our order dispatch service, any delivery company that we may use from time to time and with other companies that provide support services to us, including website hosting companies. We may also share your information with other companies who sell or promote ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED products, (including social media and internet search platforms who you independently subscribe to), and services in order to provide you with an enhanced customer experience. In addition, we may also share certain limited information with companies who assist ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED with other services, for example, in analysing our customer data in order to better understand, profile and monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our products and services and understand what may be of interest to you and other customers. In each case, we will only provide these companies with the information which they need to carry out their services and they will not be permitted to use the information for other purposes. They will only be allowed to use your information in the way in which we instruct them and as permitted by applicable laws.
1.3. FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND PAYMENT PROCESSING PARTNERS: Payments using our Website or Platform are made through our payment solutions providers. You will be providing credit or debit card information direct to our providers who process payment details further.
1.4. LEGAL DISCLOSURES: In certain circumstances (where required or permitted under applicable laws or with your consent (if so required by applicable laws), we may disclose personal information relating to you to third parties in other jurisdictions in order to conform to any requirements of law, to comply with any legal or regulatory process, for the purposes of obtaining legal advice, for the purposes of credit risk reduction, to prevent and detect fraud and/or to protect and defend the rights and property of ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED. At all times where we disclose your information for the purposes of credit risk reduction and fraud prevention we will take all steps reasonably necessary to help ensure that it remains secure.
1.5. BUSINESS OR PROCESS CHANGE PARTNERS: In the event that we or a part of our business undergo re-organisation or are sold or licensed to a third party, any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity, licensee or third party.
1.6. OVERSEAS TRANSFERS OF DATA: The personal information that you provide through the Website and/or Platforms is processed in the United Kingdom and is stored on servers in the United Kingdom only.
1.6.1. We may transfer information that we collect from you to other companies, joint ventures, franchisees, licensees, other companies who promote and sell ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED products and services and to selected service providers who perform functions on our behalf (each as described above), based in countries/regions outside of the U.K. and the European Economic Area ("EEA") or your country/region of residence and this information may be stored and processed in such countries/regions.
Your Rights In Relation To Your Personal Information
1. You may have the right under applicable laws to ask for details of the personal information we hold about you, to amend, limit or delete your personal information, or ask for a copy of the personal information you gave us. You can also withdraw any consent you give to us at any time and object to us using your personal information for ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED’s legitimate purposes.
1.1. If you would like to exercise any of these rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you or wish to change your preferences at any time, please contact our Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an online customer account, you can also access, amend or update your information by logging into My Account on the Website and amending your details as appropriate.
1.2. Please note that we may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your personal information. If we are unable to match this information, we may ask you to provide additional identifying information, such as a copy of your passport or drivers’ license. You may designate a third party to act on your behalf provided they have appropriate written authority to do so.
1.3. If you make a request to delete your personal information, note that we may not delete all of your information. We may still process your personal information if it is necessary to do so and we are lawfully permitted. For example, in the following circumstances:
1.3.1. Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide goods or services requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
1.3.2. Security and Maintenance: in the context of detecting and/or preventing security incidents and/or to debug or repair any errors; or
1.3.3. Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable laws or resolve legal claims or exercise rights under applicable laws.
1.4. If you remain unhappy with a response you receive from us you can also refer the matter to your data protection supervisory authority (see
2. NON-DISCRIMINATION: If you exercise any of your personal information rights detailed in this section, we will not discriminate against you and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services.
Retention And Deletion Of Personal Information
We will only keep your information as long as you remain an active customer and for 5 years afterwards or otherwise as required for our business operations or by applicable laws. We may need to retain certain personal information even once a customer account has been closed or deleted to enforce our terms, for fraud prevention, to identify, issue or resolve legal claims and/or for proper record keeping purposes. We may also retain a record of any stated objection by you to receiving ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED updates for the purpose of ensuring we can continue to respect your wishes and not contact you further. Your personal information will be deleted or destroyed in a manner that cannot be restored or reproduced.
Security And Third Party Links
1. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use. Unfortunately, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information submitted to us and any transmission is at your own risk.
1.1. We do however use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access wherever possible. Personal information may be accessed by persons within our organisation, or our third-party service partners, who require such access to carry out the purposes indicated above, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law.
1.2. Personal information provided to ESSENTIAL ITEMS LIMITED via the Website, Platforms and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server using Secure Socket Layering (SSL), encryption technology. When the letters "http" in the URL change to "https," the "s" indicates you are in a secure area employing SSL; also, your browser may give you a pop-up message that you are about to enter a secure area or display a padlock image. The Website uses this encryption technology to protect your information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address and credit card number. Our customer service centre and stores also operate over a private, secure network. Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
Contacting ESSENTIAL ITEMS